2011年5月2日 星期一

Highwayman

To be honest, i wasn't really paying attention to how the poem connected all together, i just feel a saddness inside the story that seeps throught everything about the moon, the coat, the sword. I find the two character very simliar, tragically simliar. I agree with Seamus about the two characters to have the same similiarity. Both character had a tragic life, they lost their love ones, being pulled away by force and one of them died. Frankie met his loved one in a hospital with dying patients, he never had the chance to take a look on her little lover's face while they only had such little time to spend with each other. A teenager had to face tragic situations like that is unbelivably painful. I remember something tragic happened in the end of the highwayman story too, i can't remember who died. In Frankie's story, he gets pulled away from his little lover, and a few days later she died. How worst could life be? Just when he was about to find the little splice in life that he could move along, he loses her. Just when he still had the hope of finding her when he grows up, she died. How much sadder could the story be? I find a great sorrow in my heart that kind of weeps for the poor kid.

沒有留言:

張貼留言